[RTTY] RE IC 7600 vs IC 756pro3

Ken Eigsti diverkene at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 18:35:51 EDT 2016

Hi Thomas
My main contesting involves either SO2R or M/S for rtty contests. (100,000+
Qs). One feature that is very often overlooked is the rtty decoder in the
Pro3 and the 7600. I have found the internal decoder is BETTER than 2 tone,
MMTTY or the DXP38 with weak signal or QRM conditions.  I run those 3
within WL and invariably if there is a question on a call or a report, the
7600 decoder will copy it. With thousands of Qs in RTTY contests,that
feature alone has saved many repeats. Maybe it is my imagination, but the
7600 seems to do a better job of decoding the extremely weak signals than
the Pro3..

I made the move from a 756pro3 to a 7600. I (and several guest ops) liked
the 7600 so well, I replaced the 2nd Pro3 with another 7600. The screen and
waterfall are huge improvements as they are much bigger than the Pro3.

Without going into technical detail, I just wanted to place my vote as a DO
IT and replace the Pro3 with a 7600. You will not be disappointed

73 Ken W0LSD