[RTTY] IC-7100 interface issues with Logger32 / MMTTY

Rich rwr261 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 23 14:44:25 EDT 2016

Thanks to those who responded to my query and I willelaborate on my settings.  After downloading the Icom USB driver I have a Silicon Labs USB to UARTbridge on Com 3 set up as rig control by Logger32.  Another Silicon Labs USB to UART bridge is onCom 4 which I have designated on MMTTY for PTT/FSK.  There is also a USB Audio CODEC without a specifiedCom port.  MMTTY is set at defaultdemodulator,  with both Rx(microphone)and Tx(speakers) soundcards set for the USB Audio CODEC.  In the MISC setting I have1.the TXPort on COM-TdX(FSK)2. the SoundLoopback is set to Int.3. In the Radio Command section, the port is set at none and nofrequency offsetThe Radio PTT option is set to RTT by radio command,  RTS keying and the Serial Port being Com 4 andRadio 1 uses FSK  On the IC-7100 setting I have the followingDATA  MOD – USBDATA OFF MOD – USBUSB2 FUNCTION – RTTY decodeDATA FUNCTION 1 – OFF
 Using these settings I can receive RTTY on MMTTY and the software putsthe rig into TX as I can see the output on my power meter but I get no responseapart from once when I was told “no print, no keying”  Obviously I am missing a vital element that Icant see and hopefully it will be evident to others who have used this setup Thanks for reading this Rich MW0CPZ