[RTTY] bandpass filters

Jeff AC0C keepwalking188 at ac0c.com
Fri Mar 18 21:19:11 EDT 2016

The best adjacent band rejection I have measured is off the Array Filtermax
6- band unit.  Amazing.  They will run 200w just fine.

I run the 5B4AGN units here which don't quite have the same rejection
characteristics as the Filtermax but (discounting your labor) are much more
affordable.  They also use custom-built RF-spec caps and I think are
probably indestructible even into squirrely SWR up on higher bands (the
filtermax units use paralleled ceramic discs).

The Dunestars are cheaper but are a build quality lower.  Similar in
performance to the 5B4AGN filter.

The ICE units should not be used as they have a reputation for failing on
high bands.

K9YC had a pretty good comparison in NCJ a couple of years back which covers
all of these save the Filtermax.  If you are going to lay out the bucks for
this and are are serous about So2r it's well worth hunting the article down.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie