[RTTY] Work dupes

Bill Turner dezrat at outlook.com
Sat Mar 19 22:55:24 EDT 2016

On Sat, 19 Mar 2016 22:40:35 -0400, John wrote:

> One time while operating from P40A, I got on
>during a contest that had started the previous day and the very first guy
>that I called said that we worked before and went back to calling CQ.
>
>John KK9A - W4AAA

REPLY:

No doubt your call was in his log, the question is how did it get
there? While I love Super Check Partial, I think it might be the
culprit sometimes. When signals are weak and someone has a call
similar to yours, or which is a partial to your call, it's easy to
become convinced that it's your call and that's what goes into the
log.

What's the answer? Don't know, it's going to happen so just  be
careful.

73, Bill W6WRT