[RTTY] Dayton Hamvention RTTY Contest Forum

Hank Garretson w6sx at arrl.net
Thu Mar 24 11:43:20 EDT 2016

> Top Ten Tips, Ed Muns W0YK
>
> Two suggestions have been submitted for the last presentation.  I'd love to
> be overwhelmed with a lot more, so let me know what you think.

3. When answering a CQ, send only your call once, twice, or three times.
Don't send the CQer's call. Never send DE.

4. Golden Silence. If two or more answer your CQ and you don't print a
call, avoid at all costs the temptation to send anything.

5. Golden Silence. Fill it with your call.

6. When asked for a repeat, send only what is asked for. Don't repeat your
whole exchange. Don't send your or his call.

7. Make your CQs worthwhile. CQ TEST W6SX W6SX CQ. Minimize stuff that
doesn't add value. Something like CQ BARTY RTTY TEST DE W7xxx CQ wastes
everyone's time.

8. Get rid of stuff that doesn't directly complete the contact. No
fancy-pansy extra spaces, dots, etcetera.

9. Flexible macros--craft each QSO to the circumstances.

10. Use low tones.

11. Stack calls, use NOW.

My plan and hope is to be at Dayton in 2017.

KB,

Hank, W6SX