[RTTY] Trailing CQ

Lee Sawkins ve7cc at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 24 17:40:35 EDT 2016

Ed

The trailing CQ in RTTY CQ messages is equivalent to the trailing TEST in CW CQ messages. I will not be eliminating it. When I see or hear a call a couple of times, I really want to know if I can call the person immediately or if I need to wait and see if the person is calling CQ. If other station does not call CQ again in a couple of seconds, I may move on if it is not a multiplier. It is really annoying when I call a rare multiplier and cannot get my serial number through the QRM of others calling me.

73 Lee