[RTTY] Trailing CQ

Al Kozakiewicz akozak at hourglass.com
Sat Mar 26 11:30:42 EDT 2016

IMO, RTTY operating practices don't need to change, the skimmer software paradigm does.

In theoretical terms, the sampling interval needs to be longer. Instead of trying to deduce who is running from a single (or very few) decoded transmission(s), "average" the result over a longer period of time and who is running the frequency can then be determined with a higher degree of probability.  Of course, you will have to wait longer for a result, but there is always a tradeoff between error rate and speed.

Al
AB2ZY