[RTTY] Waterfall and CQ conundrum

Dave Hachadorian k6ll.dave at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 13:22:07 EDT 2016

Alex, VE3NEA, is the guy who writes the Skimmer code.

He has made two postings in this thread, which, if I understand them correctly, are as follows:
If CQ'ing stations want to put the letters CQ at the end of their CQ message, they should consider changing to "CQ{period}"  That is “CQ.”  Alex says the program will ignore that three-character string.

Stations who are S&P’ing should send a CR/LF before their call sign.  Alex says that would be helpful.

Alex is also working on other methods to improve the CQ/S&P uncertainty.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ