[RTTY] Waterfall and CQ conundrum

Salvatore Irato iw1ayd at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 03:55:00 EDT 2016

Hi Matt.
I agree: GRITTY seems a well made companion when things become hard on
a single QRG.
Taking care to have to have a 500 Hz or more wide filter.
Wider will not have any meaning when pointing toward East or West with
big-big signal from EU not even that far away. I struggle to have the
largest filter I could afford in use. But often my struggling leave me
on a one way road, I should leave and change the QRG when in RUN. I
have not tried GRITTY since then, screens real estate disadvantage, in
a real contest.
I look forward to see where it will hook by itself. Then It maybe time
again to be back on the old RF-GAIN steadily. Easy with one radio ...

Out of this my praying about GRITTY will be to have a better
integration of it with, let me say. N1MM+. There are some issues that
leave it out of focus where the main action is on the screen. I am
thinking that when a sustained rate is coming at it will be not so
easy to have two different point of focus instead of one. Even if with
some help for ears.

A better integration of GRITTY will make for some of us more easy to
work with. At least not wasting other application real estate as it is
for N1MM+. Yes, it's a tow fold pray.

I know that each of ours childs is the favorite, one by one at times
and together forever, but there is a lack when all the other decoders
are together with GRITTY.

         73 de iw1ayd Salvo