[RTTY] 2016 Digital Mode Most Wanted Survey - Session Timeouts

Larry Gauthier (K8UT) K8UT at charter.net
Sun May 1 09:24:42 EDT 2016

My apologies to all who encountered that dreaded Session Timeout error after
devoting time to filling out the survey. The session timeout value in the
LimeSurvey application was set for 2 hours, but it is obvious that the
survey timed out much sooner.

After adjusting several settings this morning, my tests indicate that the
server will now timeout after about 20 minutes. That is still not a lot of
time if you are looking up 339 DXCC entities and jumping back-and-forth
between your logging program and the survey. However if you could create a
worksheet in prefix order (the order of the survey) and do your data entry
directly from that worksheet you should be able to click through the 339
items well-before your session times out. Here's another suggestion: Set a
timer for 10 minutes. If you're not done by then, >Save Your Session and
return later to finish --  the timer will start over.

Again, my apologies. We really do value the input from all Digital ops and
hope that those of you who were thwarted by a session timeout will try
again.

-larry (K8UT)