[RTTY] FD RTTY Operations

w4ox w4ox at bellsouth.net
Fri May 27 16:39:51 EDT 2016

FD 2016 will soon be here and our club members are once again asking if it is worth it to plan for any RTTY operation.
As a definite RTTY proponent, of course I have said, yes.  Others feel it will detract from the CW & SSB operations.
So, that does raise the question of what can be expected this year.  In 2014, I was able to put a fair number of RTTY Q's in the FD log, but 2015 was less than stellar.
Anyone have any "gut" feeling as to what to expect this year (poor conditions aside)?  Will it be primarily a "top of the hour" or "bottom of the hour" sort of thing?
Would appreciate any/all thoughts sent to me directly.
Thanks in advance & 73,
Doug, W4OX
w4ox at bellsouth dot net