[RTTY] a interesting test

Thom ki8w at ki8w.com
Wed Nov 2 13:10:46 EDT 2016

A interesting development.  When I key the radio, my TS=570D,  I get the
mark tone, in this case 1275.

Decided to test if the FSK keying circuit is actually working. Stuck a
cutoff wire from a resistor into the ACC socket at Pin 2 which is the
FSK keying pin.  Set the radio to transmit...heard the mark tone.
Shorted pin 2 to ground and the tone did not change.

I just love old radios

Did the same thing to my TS-480 and the tone changed just like it should.

Have cable for TS-480 on order for my TI-8

Thanks for putting up with me...it has been a trying week past.

Thom KI8W

"Living deep in the black hole of RF"