[RTTY] Did I miss something?

Thom ki8w at ki8w.com
Thu Nov 10 21:24:37 EST 2016

Just finished the NCCC RTTY Sprint.  Did I miss something?

RBN shows I was getting out all over the eastern USA and I called CQ for
30 minutes on 3 different bands and made ZERO Contacts.  I did hear a
couple fluttery signals on 40 meters but I could not decode them.

Started at 0145 UTC right?

Friday, 11 Nov 2016, 0145Z - 0215Z (Thursday 10 Nov 2016 in NA)
-- 1745 - 1815 PST  (NOTE!)
-- 2045 - 2115 EST
-- (others in-between those two)
-- 160: 1805 and up (Last two minutes seem to be popular…)
-- 80/40/20/15 +80kHz up from the band edge
-- Same band dupes ok after 1 intervening Q.
-- 1 kHz QSY rule, otherwise standard Sprint rules
-- Mults per band.
-- 100W power limit

If so where was everybody?

At least N1MM+ did its job copying noise for 30 minutes.

better luck next week.

73

Thom KI8W

"Living deep in the black hole of RF"