[RTTY] Your thoughts wanted on a idea.

Thom ki8w at ki8w.com
Tue Nov 15 19:45:41 EST 2016

Howdy all,

I have been kicking this idea around for a while.  Back in the late 80's
there was a net on 3905 called the 3905 Century Club Net.  It met in two
sections from about 7pm until 12AM and 12AM TO 6am the next day. The net
ran 7 days a week and it was a lot of fun.  That net helped me get 80
meter WAS, SSB over the course of a couple of months.

Check ins were taken each day based on Call Areas.  Date determined
which call area checked in first and which had more chances at bagging
that needed state. Stations were called/ worked in a round table fashion.

With the lack of RTTY activity on the bands, except during contests
maybe this idea might be something we could do to keep our RTTY stations
active.  I am getting bored working DX on CW.

Would this be a good idea to try?  Or am I just blowing smoke on a
screwy idea.

Your comments and questions wanted.

73

Thom KI8W