[RTTY] NS RTTY this Thursday

Ken K6MR k6mr at outlook.com
Tue Nov 15 21:59:02 EST 2016

Greetings Diddlers:

I guess few of you are interested in RTTY this week given the upcoming weekend. For us non-phone types, there isn’t a great deal going on either. But hey! That’s a great reason to join us on Thursday! Don’t go a whole two weeks without some productive keyboard time. Spend a fun 30 minutes in Sprint mode before you wear out your voice on the weekend.

A couple of our newer participants were back last week so everyone kept busy. 80 is definitely perking up so 160 can’t be far behind. The daylight bands are definitely staying in daylight mode: even 20 is pretty bleak.

And a final reminder: local times have changed for most of you. Review the list below to determine when you should be in front of the radio (hint: an hour earlier!).

Here’s the usual list of times, rules and extra notes for our usual Thursday soiree.

Friday, 18 Nov 2016, 0145Z - 0215Z (Thursday 17 Nov 2016 in NA)
-- 1745 - 1815 PST  (NOTE!)
-- 2045 - 2115 EST
-- (others in-between those two)
-- 160: 1805 and up (Last two minutes seem to be popular…)
-- 80/40/20/15 +80kHz up from the band edge
-- Same band dupes ok after 1 intervening Q.
-- 1 kHz QSY rule, otherwise standard Sprint rules
-- Mults per band.
-- 100W power limit

Please visit http://www.ncccsprint.com/rttyns.html for complete rules
and links to other info. If you find any problems with the web pages, please
let me know so we can get them fixed.

Report scores to 3830scores.com, and join us at 0300Z on 3610 kHz (+/- a few for ongoing groups)
for comments and questions (and dinner menus).

Diddle diddle,

Ken K6MR