[RTTY] Science fiction RTTY

Dave AA6YQ aa6yq at ambersoft.com
Fri Nov 18 00:46:47 EST 2016

>>>AA6YQ comments below

-----Original Message-----
From: RTTY [mailto:rtty-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Thom
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2016 12:08 AM
To: rtty at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Science fiction RTTY

When I got into RTTY back in early 1979 my Model 14 was clanking along when it started printing characters in strange patterns.  I
forget now who the station was that was transmitting it.  When the print was done I tore the paper off the machine to look at a
beautiful depiction of a tiger, all made with letters and numbers printed by my Model 14.

I have several other pictures in my collection but the tiger is probably lost to history as I have no idea where it is.

>>>There are several ascii art pictures of tigers here:

<https://www.google.com/search?q=ascii+art+tiger&espv=2&biw=2844&bih=1578&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjf982qyLHQAhXM5
iYKHSxSBlIQsAQIGg&dpr=0.9>

>>>I like this one:

<https://www.flickr.com/photos/photomastergreg/2085614126>