[RTTY] New amplifier announced

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Thu Oct 6 12:27:32 EDT 2016

It has some pretty tough RF transistors, but no projected pricing.

John KK9A

To:	Amps group <amps at contesting.com>, RTTY Reflector <rtty at contesting.com>
Subject:	[RTTY] New amplifier announced
From:	Bill Turner <dezrat at outlook.com>
Date:	Thu, 6 Oct 2016 15:54:53 +0000

This might be old news to some, but FlexRadio has announced a legal
limit solid state amplifier which will soon be available, pending FCC
and CE approval. They expect approval by the end of the year.

This is the amp I have been waiting for for years - solid state and
true legal limit 100% duty cycle, 160-6 meters. It uses a pair of
LDMOS transistors which I suspect are the future of amateur
amplifiers.

http://www.flexradio.com/amateur-products/amplifier/

No commercial connection, just a satisfied FlexRadio user.

73, Bill W6WRT