[RTTY] Well darn...

Don AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 13 14:27:33 EDT 2016

Thom wrote:
"Besides what is so bad about running AFSK for all this contesting?"
1. Have to keep an eye on your ALC at all times to make sure you don't over modulate.2. On some radios, you can't use special CW/FSK filters on receive.3. On some radios, you can't use Twin Peak Filters (TPF).4. Will have to tune 2.1 kHz from nearly all packet spots to find the station spotted.5. Spots you send to the Packetcluster will be off by 2.1 kHz for most everyone else.
That's about it I think.
What is the advantage of FSK?
1. You don't have to worry about 1-5 above.
73, Don AA5AU