[RTTY] what speed is RTTY run at these days? most of my teletypes in the ...

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Fri Oct 14 02:59:03 EDT 2016

Chen - Thanks!  Ah! excellent  even my model  31 we  have   is  set to  go!
What is a 31?  Here is   the 31 section on our museum website...  really
the only portable teletype  that was electro mechanical!

We need another  for an offsite  TOOLS OF THE JOURNALIST display  we are
doing  and are looking  for  parts  for these  and  of course more articles
memories of those who used and  photos   top add to our  section on the
museum site. Drop us a  note!

OK these 31's served on the president Truman's plane  doing  crypto... They
were also  used  by wire service  folks in  another  form.

ok look  at this http://www.smecc.org/teletype_model_31.htm

Ed#  _www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org)

<rtty at contesting.com> wrote:

> what speed  is   RTTY run at these days?
> most of my  teletypes in the museum  are  set  to 60 either  because
used
> by hams or  some of  my Deaf and Hard of Hearing  friends.

60 WPM.   45.4545 baud == 60 WPM.

The odd 45.4545... number comes from a symbol  period of 22 ms.  (1/22 ==
45.4545...)

73
Chen,  W7AY