[RTTY] New amplifier announced

James Wolf jbwolf at comcast.net
Sun Oct 16 23:45:58 EDT 2016

I am interested.   What I would like to see in a SS amp is:
- Antenna Tuner - this is a deal breaker.
- Able to switch bands following the transceiver at full output.  I can do
this with the Alpha 87a.
- Quiet operation.  This means fans and T/R switching with QSK.  If it is on
par with my Alpha 87a, that will suffice.
- Real-time monitoring of critical parameters.
- Temperature monitoring readout for the transistors.  Consistently running
them too hot *will* shorten their life.  See below ICAS service.
- Linear to legal output at 2:1 VSWR.  This requires lots of headroom.
- Adequate fault protection. In other words, Bullet Proof operation.

NOTE: It says 100% duty cycle, but then specifies 1500W ICAS  (Intermittent
Commercial and Amateur Service), not CCS (Continuous Commercial Service).
So is it or is it not?

Jim - KR9U