[RTTY] New amplifier announced

Jay ws7ik7tj at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 09:16:35 EDT 2016

Reminds me of an old ARRL National when Alpha had a booth next to Hal
Communications.  They had the brick on a key ad at the time.  I was
talking to Bill Henry but took a break and visited the Alpha booth.  I
asked does that 100% keydown go for RTTY.  The salesman assurred me that
it did.  I then told them that I would buy it with the provision that if
it failed doing 30 minutes RTTY transmissions which we did on the old
"Boffins Net" that they would give me my money back and I could keep the
amp.

"It was all of a sudden, whoa, we have this super duper extra fan that
you would need".  Ron AB5KD then bought one with the fan.  I must say it
did 1500 during RTTY contests just fine.

Jay