[RTTY] RYRY Anonymous Group

Thom ki8w at ki8w.com
Tue Oct 18 21:25:01 EDT 2016

ME:  Hello,  my name is Thom and I have a serious case of addiction.

PSYCH:  Can you describe this addiction.

ME:  Well I joined this group on Contesting.com and I think they have
gotten me into something that I am truly,  truly liking.

PSYCH: Can you tell me a bit about this group?

ME: Well the Contesting.com group is called RTTY.  They seem like a
really nice bunch of people.

PSYCH:  I see. What is this thing called RTTY?

ME:  RTTY is short for Radio Teletype.  It is a digital mode we use to
communicate, on Amateur Radio.

PSYCH: Oh I see.  So what part of this RTTY has you so concerned?

ME: On the weekends we do this thing called Contesting.  All of us get
on the air and the object is to make as many contacts as possible in a
certain time period. When we are not contesting we all get withdrawal
symptoms, Some of us have it worse than others.

PSYCH:  OK.  So what makes you think you are addicted to this?

ME:  It's nearly every weekend during the Fall, Winter and Spring.  I
just cannot seem to do anything else on the weekends. The lawn never
gets mowed but I am waiting for it to grow over  my new radial system I
laid down for my 40 meter vertical.  In the winter the driveway never
gets plowed.  In the spring the garden never gets planted.  Then there
is the dog.

PSYCH:  That's all very interesting...do you think I could try this RTTY
contesting you speak of?

ME:  I am not sure.  It can be quite addictive.

73

Thom KI8W