[RTTY] New amplifier announced

Bill Turner dezrat at outlook.com
Sat Oct 22 14:24:44 EDT 2016

On Fri, 21 Oct 2016 20:15:16 -0400, you wrote:

>The Icom's IC-PW1 is fine for 48 hours contests at fill 1 KW RTTY.
>
>73,
>Vlad VE3IAE

REPLY:

Yes, I owned one of those too. I got rid of it for two reasons:

1. It won't do legal limit.
2. A power supply repair is over $2000. Fortunately I never has a PS
failure, but just thinking about it was enough.

I was told ICOM does not repair the PS, they just replace it. Thus the
high bill. Aside from those two drawbacks, it was a good amp.

I've owned just about every amp you can  name at one time or another,
including Alpha, SPE, ICOM, Command, Ameritron and probably others
I've forgotten. My favorite remains the Alpha 9500. Expensive but
worth it. Find a good used one and save some money.

I'm still looking forward to the FlexRadio amp. I already have a
Palstar HF-AUTO legal limit tuner and the Flex amp has harmonic
filters built in. As long as the price is reasonable, bring it on!

73, Bill W6WRT