[RTTY] RTTY not working

W2GR at aol.com W2GR at aol.com
Mon Oct 24 19:31:28 EDT 2016

Hello all,

Just tried to fire up Writelog for some RTTY but it is saying:

"Error setting up device names for sound, Vista-style."

Not working in stand alone MMTTY either...

Is there a quick fix I should look at or has something crapped out?..I have
 never seen this before.

Writelog ver. 12.08
 Win. 7
microHAM MKII
MMTTY 1.68

When trying MMTTY stand alone it says it can't open sound card.

After 12 hrs of work today and near whacking my left thumb off here at
home (Bad pain...real bad!)...just a need to relax and then this.

All worked perfectly before today...

Something in the MKII go bad?...too late and medicated to dig in.

Tks for any help.

Mike W2GR