[RTTY] FSK is bad?

Bob Burns W9BU w9bu_lists at rlburns.net
Tue Oct 25 20:24:39 EDT 2016

Late model Icom radios, including the IC-7600 that I use, gives the user
the option of setting the RTTY FSK Mark Frequency to 1275, 1615, or 2125
Hz. The default is 2125 Hz. The downside of selecting either of the two
optional frequencies is that the internal RTTY decoder and the twin peak
filter only works when 2125 Hz is selected.

I don't care for the sound of 2125 Hz RTTY, so I typically use 1275 Hz
and let MMTTY or 2Tone decode the signals.

Bob...