[RTTY] So...2125 or 1275

John Barber john at bordertech.co.uk
Wed Oct 26 09:27:53 EDT 2016

It's worth remembering that the mark/space frequencies are not critical.
It's only the shift that is important.
The centre frequency of filters in some radios can only be switched to
preset points, 1300, 1400, 1500Hz etc. In this case it is better to run RTTY
with non-standard tones to put the signal in the centre of the filters. E.G.
set the filter to 1400Hz centre frequency and use 1315/1485Hz for
mark/space. Most software can be set this way for both TX and RX.
John GW4SKA