[RTTY] New Radio...and another thing.

Thom ki8w at ki8w.com
Thu Oct 27 14:10:51 EDT 2016

Howdy all... I know that on a previous post that I said I probably would
not be buying another radio until next year.  Well something came along
that I simply could not pass up.

I just bought a pristine (as they described it) used Kenwood TS-570D
from HRO.  The price for it was extremely reasonable.  It was shipped
this morning.  I probably will receive it sometime early next week.

On the second note...for some reason my 30 meter dipole stopped
working.  Really high SWR and my radio could not tune it. I took it down
and could not find the reason for the sudden failure. Maybe some of that
heavy rain we had all day got into the coax.

I will be building another one,  this time fed with 300 ohm twinlead.

I just love projects.

73

Thom KI8W