[RTTY] Startech USB COM port adapter

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Fri Sep 2 22:36:34 EDT 2016

The StarTech ICUSB2324X uses the TI TUSB3410 chipset.

The TUSB3410 datasheet <http://www.ti.com/product/TUSB3410/datasheet>
indicates support for data rates 50 BPS to 921.6 kbps.  It will not
work with MMTTY for 45 baud (60 WPM) RTTY unless you use EXTFSK.

To the best of my knowledge the *only* USB serial converters that will
support 45 baud are the "Edgeport" series by Digi International:
<http://www.digi.com/products/usb-and-serial-connectivity/usb-over-serial-hubs/edgeport>.

Surplus Edgeport/4 (4 port) are often available on eBay as are 1, 2
and 8 port versions.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV