[RTTY] Startech USB COM port adapter

Jim Hargrave w5ifp at gvtc.com
Sat Sep 3 23:37:19 EDT 2016

Reference...you said
>> noticed that the PTT line on the W1AN adapter is activated by
>> MMTTY and keys the K3S!! The red LED on the adapter is on.  If
>> MMTTY can't open the designated COM port, how can it
>> toggle RTS?

Kim,
This sounds like a configuration problem and not hardware.
Do you have the radio on Com 5, and also trying to configure Com 5 for FSK/PTT?
If I'm correct, then MMTTY can't open the port because it is already open, hence the reason RTS keys.
FSK cannot share ports with radio control. You must us a different port for FSK. PTT can share with either CAT or FSK.

You also probably need EXTFSK64 as Joe/W4TV has suggested.
73, Jim – w5ifp at gvtc.com