[RTTY] Use Of RTTY MACROS

Thomas F. Giella W4HM thomasfgiella at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 14:18:43 EDT 2016

Allot of overseas hamateurs use MACROS because they don't have a command of
the English language, many only know just enough English to have a brief QSO
whether it be on RTTY  or any other of the digital modes. And then there are
the hamateurs getting up in age that have trouble typing allot of words on a
computer keyboard due to things like arthritis and peripheral neuropathy.

So I'll never stick my nose in the air and snub hamateurs whether they are
using MACROS or typing words.

As far as rag chewing on RTTY without MACROS I see allot of it going on on
20 meters around 14088 kHz in the evenings UTC. When the QRN is low I also
see it on 40 meters around 7080 kHz. Most of these hamateurs are in the U.S.

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella W4HM
Lakeland, FL, USA
thomasfgiella at gmail.com