[RTTY] WB2COY/P Operation = DX?

Gary McAdams g.m.mcadams at comcast.net
Wed Sep 28 11:24:29 EDT 2016

Bob,

Your location is correct.

What the robot is probably reacting to is the portable designation. "/P"
in a contest would most likely be interpreted incorrectly by an
automated responder where a human would recognize that you were simply
indicating portable operation.

Bear in mind that we in the USA are no longer required to indicate
mobile "/M" or portable "/P" on our callsign. Doing so will simply
confuse matters unnecessarily as it has in your case.

Just try re-submitting the log with your "WNY"locator which is your ARRL
section, but leaving off the /P addition. I can bet that most of the
people who worked you would leave that off, if only because their
logging programs would have the same difficulty that the CQWW robot is
having.

73 Gary