[RTTY] CQ WW Log Fixed !

Lee - N2LEE lee at n2lee.com
Wed Sep 28 23:30:31 EDT 2016

Thanks to Larry, Tom and everyone else who helped me get my log straight.

You guys are great.

As I mentioned this was my first major RTTY contest and have only been on RTTY for a few weeks.
I tried a couple of sprint contest a few weeks back but nothing like a 48 hour contest like CQ WW.

But after this weekend i am definitely hooked.

Without the fantastic help from the group and a few others on the air I would never have gotten the bug.
Once again I have to applaud everyone behind the N1MM software and especially Larry, K8UT.

995 of my digital activity is either Winlink Pactor or FLDIGI.
But in preparation for the contest I tried N1MM about a week ago. I hated it !
I thought it was overly complicated even though it has a simplistic interface.
So I dumped it and was prepared to use FLDIGI.

The problem is I knew N1MM had to be a good app because so many contesters used it.
I searched Youtube and every source I could find. Nothing of real use.
As I mentioned I ran across Larry’s videos and after watching those, it all clicked !!!

I was even able to implement the ESM feature and WOW what a time saver.
As a RTTY Newbie I was able to make 674 contacts and possibly have a score of around 502,588 Points.
I really wanted to break 500,000 and was madly calling CQ up until the very last second and then two or three calls,
put me over the my goal. WX7MB, W7SO and C02AJ.

I am sure I made some bonehead mistakes and missed some call signs or hit the wrong F-Key and sent some stupid reply at the wrong time.

But over all software and the station performed like a champ and like I said I had a blast.

Thanks again to everyone of you that ended up in my log and for your generosity, time and help.

73 to my new best friends, Mark & Space :)

Lee