[RTTY] RTTY on 60 Meters

Thomas F. Giella W4HM thomasfgiella at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 14:07:26 EDT 2017

Dick yes virtually all digital modes operation is on channel 3. If you set
your VFO on 5357.500 kHz USB-DATA you will be fine.

I've personally never printed an RTTY signal on 60 meters, it's mostly JT65A
and JT9.

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella W4HM
Lakeland, FL, USA
thomasfgiella at gmail.com

Anyone tried RTTY on one of the five 60 meter channels?

It is my understanding there is a gentleman’s agreement among the 60 meter
users that digital ops are on Channel 3 or 5258.5. I would assume this is
the MARK frequency?

As a fldigi user I would put the TS-590SG's VFO on 5357.5 USB-DATA mode and
this would places my Mark on 5258.5 with my 1000 Hz sweet spot preference.

I have listened buy have not hear anything other than some JT65 signals.

73 Dick AA5VU