[RTTY] In early days-(60's) there was an effort to develop Blind/Deaf Blind RTTY HELP?

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Wed Apr 19 17:28:00 EDT 2017

In early days-(60's) there was an effort to develop Blind/Deaf Blind
Amateur  Radio RTTY utilizing assistive  technology  with braille  output.  There
were also  efforts   for  computer  output devices also.

HELP? (This is  a history project for  SMECC Communications and
Computation Museum)
Please  respond  off list if  you  wish.

Note  I have  checked  google and  other things  ALREADY!   - I
 HAVE NOT checked  some of the  online  but  restricted access
database of publications that may bot be indexed in google so if
something looks  really great  drop it  to us.

We are primarily looking  for   material and stories   from
the 60's and 70s   -  But  before ok! (If there  was  any?)
and  after... yes  if during the early development  phases

We have the following questions:

-   Aside  from Ray Morrison, who else was  working on  this?

-   Anyone here   work  with Ray on this or have  photos of  gear and
paperwork?

-  Although we have some of Ray Morrison's articles, we are looking  for
other letters, documents hardware, memories of use etc.

- ` Are there any  Blind / Deaf Blind RTTY or computer  users here today
that participated in this  effort?

-   Are there any Blind/Deaf Blind CURRENT participants  Amateur  Radio
RTTY  or other digital modes with assistive  technology  producing  braille
output??

- Anyone  use Lee Brody's Deaf Blind Communication  terminal hand  have a
recounting of it or still have an example of the hardware?

- Looking for  Computer output devices and information, photos,  stories
etc, by any developer or user  from the 60's and 70s   primarily but later
material will go into the  archives on this   subject as well. Nowadays there
are plenty of things, but  way back then...  not  so much!

- Feel free to  send me anything you think  I should know related  to the
above topics that I may not have hinted on, but you think I need.

Thanks in Advance -
  Ed Sharpe archivist  for SMECC  _www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org)

E-mail direct at   couryhouse at aol.com also please  cc info at smecc.org

Snail mail to: