[RTTY] MMTTY Tx Tab settings

Ktfrog007 at aol.com Ktfrog007 at aol.com
Wed Apr 26 09:00:21 EDT 2017

I'd like some info on setting parameters in the TxBPF/TxLPF box in  the
MMTTY TX Tab section .

I can't find good documentation in the MMTTY help file.  There has  been
some discussion here recently.

The parameters and their apparent default settings (from  most Profiles)
are:

Tx BPF check  box               [default  = Selected?]
Tap (range 24-512)           [default = 48]
Tx LPF check  box                [default  = not Selected]
Freq in hz (range 40-600)    [default = 100]

What do each of these do and what are the optimum settings?

Thanks & 73,
Ken, AB1J

In a message dated 2017-04-25 2:18:13 P.M. Coordinated Universal Tim,
lists at subich.com writes:

On  4/25/2017 10:04 AM, Ed Muns wrote:
>  Set MMTTY taps to 512  too.

AND *check* TxBPF (TX tab) it is not checked by default.
TxBPF  is not needed for FSK and increases the processor
load (for marginal  systems) on AFSK.

You will also want to set Freq (bandwidth) to 600 Hz  (or
enter 400 Hz manually).  300 Hz is too narrow with  512
taps.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On  4/25/2017 10:04 AM, Ed Muns wrote:
> AFSK on the K3/K3S is fine with low  tones if the radio AFSK TX filter
> is enabled. Set MMTTY taps to 512  too. Make sure to set the same
> audio  tone pair in both the radio  and MMTTY.
>
> 73,
> Ed  W0YK
RTTY mailing  list
RTTY at contesting.com