[RTTY] Eclipse

Carter k8vt at ameritech.net
Mon Aug 7 21:24:00 EDT 2017

On 8/7/2017 7:19 PM, Tom wrote:
> Sorry for the off topic post but I know that many are interested in the upcoming eclipse.
>
> I am planning on traveling to the path of totality from my brothers place in Clinton Iowa
>
> We are looking at the area of Columbia MO.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom G
> K0TLG

My suggestion is DO NOT look at the sun without the proper eye
protection except for the roughly 2 minutes of totality. There is some
danger even in looking at the "diamond ring" without protection. Please
review the following URL for safe viewing:

http://www.skyandtelescope.com/astronomy-news/observing-news/how-to-look-at-the-sun/

Good viewing!

73,
Carter   K8VT