[RTTY] What Does MMTTY really send?

aflowers at frontiernet.net aflowers at frontiernet.net
Thu Dec 21 17:23:58 EST 2017

I remembered the EXTFSK actually sends the bytes to the monitor window.  Thankfully, at least according to the byte stream in the EXTFSK window, the help file is misleading.  The TX-->USOS in MMTTY only sends a shift character in these cases:
1) after a space if either of the previous word ended with a number (e.g., "K0SM/2").  In this case it will send <SP><LTR> or <SP><FIG> in as appropriate for whatever starts the next word.  2) The next word starts with a figure.  (It always sends <FIGS> before the word in this case, regardless of what state ended the previous word).
It will not *send* a redundant letters shift between words if everything is in letters case.  I think this is equivalent to both Tiny FSK and 2Tone's logic.
Andy K0SM/2