[RTTY] N1MM problems again

Lee Roberts ham at n0sq.us
Sat Feb 11 16:25:45 EST 2017

I had to drop out of the WPX contest because I wasn't able to resolve a
couple of problems. Under Windows 10, I installed and ran N1MM+ as
Administrator and it worked for awhile but then I started having the
same problem as I did when I installed it and ran it as a user. After a
few restarts (I don't remember how many but I know it was more than 3
restarts), I started getting windows about setting up a database and a
window saying that my station data is invalid and it turns out that the
interface info for the rig and the digital interface window was gone.
Since I couldn't get things to work reliably on Windows 10 I switched to
Windows XP. I tried to start with the correct serial number in XP but
the serial number wouldn't increment and the sent number field showed a
different number than what was actually sent but N1MM+ logged the sent
serial number - not the number shown in the sent number field. The N1MM
web site showed a solution but it didn't fix my problem. Oh well.