[RTTY] KO9F in 2017 CQ WPX RTTY

Bob Burns W9BU w9bu_lists at rlburns.net
Mon Feb 13 10:45:52 EST 2017

I put KO9F on the air this weekend during the CQ WPX RTTY contest. Since
KO9 is a lot less common prefix than W9, I got permission from our
club's trustee to use the club's KO9F callsign in the contest.

I’m fairly pleased with my results. I was only on the air for 12 hours
21 minutes.

Operator Category : SINGLE-OP
Assisted Category : NON-ASSISTED
              Band : ALL
             Power : LOW

         Band     QSOs     Pts  WPX
          3.5      99     224   61
            7     106     282   60
           14      93     143   52
           21       5       9    2
        Total     303     658  175

             Score : 115,150

I got a couple of runs going on 80m, but my best run was on 40m: 38 QSOs
in 39 minutes. That’s fun!

N1MM+ with MMTTY and 2-Tone as decoders worked very well. Any issues
were due to operator error.

Antennas were either a low-mounted wire dipole for 40 or 80m or 27-foot
vertical for 15, 20, or 40m. Both HOA friendly.

Radio was an Icom IC-7600 with an AC8Y FSK Keying Interface
(http://thetower.us/FSK/).

The contest log has been submitted to the robot and the ADIF file
uploaded to LotW for those looking for confirmation.

Bob...  W9BU