[RTTY] callsign/callsign DQ

Stu Phillips stu at k6tu.net
Mon Feb 13 20:47:57 EST 2017

Worry not!

Although I don’t have experience with the log checking software used in WPX, I understand that logs are scored based on their “stability” – a log which causes multiple busts in other logs gets declared unstable and is omitted from the log checking process.

So, if a specific log causes too many problems when cross checking other logs, it gets kicked out.

From my log checking experience with other contests (where I have been a log checker, writer of the software, manufacturer of the sausage so to speak), this is just one of many issues a specific log can create and just one example of why it might get kicked into touch (Rugby expression ;-) when all else fails.

Besides, the contest manager is a known reader of this reflector and likely already has added WE2ASS to his list of things to check.

With a blatant PLUG for the October Makrothen RTTY Contest (see https://www.pl259.org/makrothen), rest assured, the software that cross checks the logs scores each log for stability and the high runners are examined and eliminated as appropriate!

The callsign cracks me up – although TWO rather than one is a mind twister!

Stu K6TU (although NO6F in WPX RTTY this past weekend).