[RTTY] RTTY vs PSK31 on Field Day

Ryan Noguchi ai6do at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 24 12:31:10 EST 2017

>In my opinion, if the op is experienced enough to know both PSK and RTTY, he/she should be knowledgeable enough to make the choice of RTTY over PSK.

Does anyone here have any statistics or even anecdotal observations they could share of the relative number of PSK QSOs vs RTTY QSOs in last year's Field Day? Because what little I've seen by Google searching indicates that there were a lot more stations doing PSK than RTTY, and that disparity is growing with each year. If that's accurate, choosing RTTY over PSK isn't necessarily a sound strategy if your goal is to make more digital QSOs. The best strategy is likely what AC0C said:  Plan to operate both.

73, Ryan AI6DO