[RTTY] RTTY vs PSK on Field Day

Stephen Shearer sm.shearer.01 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 20:53:32 EST 2017

RTTY is also a "sound card" mode using AFSK.  See fldigi.  It is point
and click.  Yes, with a FSK TX, you need to tune.  fldigi operates
multi-mode and includes PSK and RTTY...  "so" any club running PSK (with
fldigi) should be able to switch modes to RTTY. At FD, most would be AFSK.

When I was active with NAVY MARS 20+ years ago, all traffic into our
area was RTTY at 100wpm.  They were just starting to use auto-correcting
modes, but the non-correcting mode worked.  (Navy MARS is no longer).

73, steve WB3LGC