[RTTY] MMTTY Strange display

John Holmes w9ily at comcast.net
Mon Jan 9 17:02:42 EST 2017

During the RTTY RU I encountered a strange display issue with MMTTY. This
has never happened before so I wanted to see if anybody else ever
experienced it.

This generally occurred when decoding the text that I am sending. It happens
infrequently and at least once I observed it happening on call letters that
I am receiving from another station. I can check with 2Tone and Gritty and
their received text is correct, as expected. Here's what I'm seeing:
When I an S&P I will send my call two times to call a station: W9ILY W9ILY.
However, sometimes the MMTTY display will show WL9IY W9ILY. The 4th
character will appear after the initial W rather in the correct place. The
second decoding of my call is always correct as far as I can remember.

Anybody else see this?
73,
John W9ILY