[RTTY] Noisy computer line in

ko7ss at yahoo.com ko7ss at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 15 11:16:56 EST 2017

I am just running the AFSK simple set-up of computer line in / line out to K3 line out / line in.
Didn't think I was having decoding problems.

The other day I was using Google remote desktop to listen to the shack computer. To get the audio
the "listen to line-in" box has to be checked. I was amazed at how noisy it was, crackles/pops, etc.
I turned the K3 off and the noise was the same. There are a few ferrites on the line in cable.

Does this mean I need an external usb soundcard? Better grounding? More ferrites?

Maybe this is why I can't hear the VU's and 9K2's calling me on 80M rtty :)

73 Bill KO7SS