[RTTY] More MMTTY Strange Display

John Holmes w9ily at comcast.net
Sun Jan 29 15:54:22 EST 2017

Well, it happened again! During the BARTG Sprint I encountered the strange
print decoding from MMTTY. MMTTY was set up to decode Standard RTTY, so the
options were set correctly. During the relatively short time on the air, I
observed my call being printed like this:
WL9IY W9ILY instead of W9ILY two times
Also I noted one serial number inversion:
217 followed by 127
The 127 printed correctly on 2Tone and Gritty.
Anybody have any ideas?

John  W9ILY

Here's my original email for a better explanation:

W9ILY.
> However, sometimes the MMTTY display will show WL9IY W9ILY. The 4th
> character will appear after the initial W rather in the correct place. The
> second decoding of my call is always correct as far as I can remember.
>
> Anybody else see this?
> 73,
> John W9ILY

John