[RTTY] RTTY Digest, Vol 175, Issue 1

Grant Bright W5XB w5xb at att.net
Mon Jul 3 13:40:28 EDT 2017

Hi Diddlers Everywhere,

The DL DX was a certainly interesting. I think there where a bunch of new
contesters...ops with qso numbers under 10 late in the afternoon.

EU was very weak here, S3 was about the high signal.

On Saturday morning early, I was hearing 5 rtty stateside signals, but then
at 1326, worked Lithuania, Poland, Coratia, Italy and so on.

With 8 elements (4 over 4) I could hear eastern EU, but in the afternoon,
only one or two signals from South America. No VKs, or JAs even around
sunset here, 0045Z.

The band picked up a bit in mid afternoon. It was interesting to work 8s &
9s (600 mile skip) and then 4 to 6 thousand mile EU in the next qso.

Never heard anything on 15.

Some EU stations had number over 300--congrats. I looked at the spot chart
on VE3SUN's program. EU had many east west spots, but few across the pond.

Interesting conditions to say the least...but as Richard said, thanks to all
for the QSOs.

  80:
  40:  15   190    5
  20:  63   600    11
  15:
  10:
Total:  78   790    30  Total Score = 36,340

73, Grant, W5XB

   1. DL-DX RTTY AA5VU SOAB-24 HP (Richard Kriss)

Message: 1