[RTTY] Decoding troubles after taking a break

Mike Ricketts mike.nd9g at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 09:31:10 EDT 2017

Perhaps someone here has some insight as to what was happening with my
decoding last night.

For the duration of the contest, I was running N1MM+ with MMTTY as the
engine, using an additional 2 decoding windows of 2Tone, and also had the
decoder going on my IC7300.

During the beginning (8 hours or so) of the contest everything was working
great.

I needed to take a break for dinner, so shut everything down for an hour.
When I came back and started everything up again, all 3 of the decoders on
my PC had trouble decoding anything. They would get some decoded, then just
stop decoding. Then they would start back to decoding again. This happened
on pretty much every QSO after the break.

The decoder on the radio was doing fine, so I ended up using that for most
of the rest of the contest. So I know the signals were ok.

I thought maybe there was some errant process sucking up resources, but I
watched the performance monitor in task manager for a while, and noticed
nothing out of the ordinary. The only process with any significant resource
usage was MMTTY, and total CPU usage was 25% or less, which is normal for
me when running MMTTY. There were no scans, or anything like that, running.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have on the cause.

73,
Mike ND9G