[RTTY] One Pet Peeve

Bob Burns W9BU w9bu_lists at rlburns.net
Mon Jul 17 12:53:47 EDT 2017

On 7/17/2017 12:10 PM, Ken K6MR wrote:
> If you are not watching closely you don’t know what <Enter> will do at
> any given time.
The thing that always trips me up in N1MM+ with ESM turned on is that if
I S&P a station on a different band, N1MM+ automatically fills in the
other guy's exchange info from the previous contact and moves the Enter
highlight to F2. If I don't notice this and click on the exchange info
in the DI window to fill the fields, N1MM+ jumps back to F4 which means
I call the guy again when I hit Enter instead of sending my exchange.
Had that happen a couple of times. Very annoying.

I'm curious...How many N1MM+ operators have the main entry window above
the DI window on their monitors and how many have the two windows
side-by-side? I usually have the main window above the DI window, but I
think I may rearrange things for the next contest.

Bob...