[RTTY] greater than 600 watts for RTTY?

Stanley Zawrotny k4sbz.stan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 10:53:15 EDT 2017

For most of us competing is personal. It doesn't matter what power or antenna we have, it is a personal contest. How well are we doing compared with last year? We may add a personal contest to compare with our call area, club or other specific competitors, but most of us here are not competing to win. Even if we do win a certificate or something, who really cares? If we do even show it to someone, they smile and say it's nice, but they don't understand what we did to earn it.

So it comes back to a personal achievement. If you need a kilowatt to achieve your personal goals, buy it. If you are satisfied with 100 watts, save your money. If you need to improve your antennas, go for it.  If you won't be satisfied until you have done your best, go legal limit with a tower and a nice beam, but first move to a good QTH. (And since you have so much money, write me a nice check for consultant's fee.)

Stan, K4SBZ

"Real radio bounces off the sky."