[RTTY] Question for Ameritron ALS-1306 users

Dave Cole dave at nk7z.net
Tue May 23 23:23:28 EDT 2017

I have a review, which addresses this sort of question with a
heat-up/cool-down graph, and a few other comments located at:

http://nk7z.net/review-of-ameritrons-als-1306-amplifier/

If you are thinking it will do 1KW RTTY, I doubt it will for extended
periods of time.

I have used it in contests, at 750W, but all short transmissions, and I
worried a lot...  I would however feel comfortable at 500 W with it in
any contest.

I have not really hit it harder than 500 watts for extended periods of
time, it may be fine at 750W, that is just untested territory for me and
is why the hesitation exists.

Look over the heating/vs time graph I have there.  It covers about two
hours, and takes the amp from ambient to where it stabilizes, (at 500 W
out and one minute on, one minute off, then back to ambient again.

73s and thanks,
Dave
NK7Z
http://www.nk7z.net